Unlock Adventure Park, Porirua is located amongst the city’s scenic hillside, 20-minutes from Wellington on New Zealand’s North Island.
Wellington is one of the country’s most popular visitor destinations; however, it currently lacks the offering for genuinely NZ nature-based recreation – one of the key motivators for international travel to New Zealand.
- An all-weather sightseeing gondola with panoramic views of the North and South Islands and the wild Cook Strait.
- 360-degree view from the top station, with awe-inspiring views to the North from the restaurant, offering unique and quality F&B experiences.
- The longest dual zipline in the Southern Hemisphere at 1,410m.
- Scenic tracks from adventurous trekking to accessible pathways.
- Purpose-built lift-accessed mountain bike trails for all abilities.
- All associated amenities including base café, rentals, guiding and village infrastructure.
- Commercial helicopter operations base.
- Programming including, but is not limited to: hilltop yoga and breakfast, mountain bike camps, live music events and more.
- The region’s most unique and stunning event venue will provide an endless array of revenue opportunities for the park, including weddings, corporate events, and more.
Planning commenced in 2016, and the project now holds all of the resource consents for the project to proceed. The land agreement is in place, the detailed design is 80% complete, and the project is ready to break ground. Unlock Adventure Park Porirua is in the process of raising the required capital for the development, and an IM is available on request.